Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DST - Windows 2k3 server

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddzc

Technical User
Sep 25, 2006
CA
Anyone else run in to any problems with the DST update? I ran the update, my clock went ahead 2 hours instead of 1. If I disable and uncheck "Automatically adjust clock for daylight savings changes" it goes back 1 hour (the correct time)

Any ideas?

W2K3 EE R2 32-bit (patched) shows the correct time.

-David
2006 & 2007 Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP)
2006 Dell Certified System Professional (CSP)

Very weird, ours is 1 hour ahead. All of the workstations are 1 hour ahead as well.

I am seeing this problem as well.

Some of the servers and PC's changed correctly but others did not. It changed them 2 hours ahead instead of the normal 1 hour. I went in and changed it manually and about an hour later it changes to the wrong time again. My users are seeing the same problem.
I have changed the time zone and changed it back to see and still changes. I will try to uncheck the Auto DST box the next time to see if it solves it.
Is this something that has to be resolved on the server first? Some users work just fine but others don't.

I have the exact same problem as NOFEARK21! I unchecked DST on all PC's and servers. I don't know what adventures tomorrow will bring, however. Does anyone have any ideas?

One thing that I have come to notice is if I uninstall the patch the time will be correct on both the Windows 2003 servers and WinXP pro computers.
On the Windows 2000 I don't see the update in Add/Remove programs and the time is correct. The timezone is correct and the box is checked to update DST.

After talking with an existing co-worker I am going to uninstall the patch from the 2003 servers as he didn't have them installed on his servers and they were working fine.

I have some similar problems. I have two servers running 2003 with Oracle 10g on them that did not update the time. If I manually change them they go back after a little while. Both of these servers have the patch installed. I also have 1 XP Pro workstation that is doing the same thing.

We didn't run into any problem. As soon as we applied the patch, the PC started to show the right time.

I think the trick is: if you apply the DST patch on DC, you must apply on all the other servers and workstations.

Do you happen to be running exchange in vmware? I had the EXACT same issue and couldnt figure it out. Till i realized i had the vmware tools set to sync time with the service console which hadnt been updated yet. so the time got all wacked out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back