Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DST patch needed for 1.07.09 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmazza

IS-IT--Management
Oct 10, 2002
US
Late notice I know... Does the CP 1.07 get its time from the PBX? I don't see anything in the admin screen that lets you adjust the time. I do see "Time Step Adjustment Made" In the error log - which is a non-critical message.

Just wondering what will happen this weekend before I test it.

Yes, it gets its time from the PBX. But CP 1.07 is no longer supported by Nortel and runs on NT 4.0, which is no longer supported by Microsoft. No patch. The only thing to be concerned with is if you use desktop messaging; in that case messages will be off by an hour.

We use CP 2.01 and NT and the time is 2 hours ahead not only 1 hour in my desktop messaging, but I got the correct time stamp in my messaged when i checked it from my phone.

With the pre 2.5 systems, you can run a little program called tzedit.exe (in the NT reskit tools) and adjust the NT DST settings. You will need to transfer it to the CP desktop to execute.

That is the only way that you can fix the NT time. This will correct the desktop messaging times. Voicemail gets it's timestamp from the PBX.

If you are comfortable with regedit, and if you don't have that tool (which would be much better), you can change the registry yourself. It's in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlset/Control/TimeZoneInformation

Under Daylight Start, your entries should read:

00 00 03 00 02 00 02 (the rest are zeros)

Standard Start should read:

00 00 00 0b 00 01 00 02 (rest zeros)

Only do this if you are proficient enough in registry changes -- you can potentially trash your entire server here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back