Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DST for Windows XP SP1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyH

Technical User
Feb 3, 2000
US
All,
Inquiring what steps people are taking for updating Windows XP SP1 systems for the new DST. I watched a webcast ( regarding the update of Windows 2000, but am not clear if these changes would apply to Windows XP SP1. We have approximately 650 systems that will be affected by this change and I'm curious to what others are doing to implement these changes.

Thanks,
Heather

pcheather@yahoo.com

I believe looking at KB articles 928388 & 914387 will provide information that you will need.

Of course, you know Microsoft's answer is going to be to upgrade to SP2, but these things should describe some registry changes that can be applied. If not, the contents of the 928388 patch should at least point you in the right direction.

Thanks, I've read both articles and have a pretty good idea what would be involved with the update via the registry, however, I guess I'm looking for a confirmation to the thought those changes would apply to XP SP1 as well, if anyone has tested it. Our environment is about half and half for SP1 and SP2 and I don't want to have technicians go to each system for an update to SP2 if I don't have to. Have you done anything? I haven't been able to find too much out on the web indicating too many people are doing anything about this....kinda weird since this is a pretty big thing....

Thanks,
Heather

pcheather@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back