Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DST 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

AIXFinder

IS-IT--Management
Jan 4, 2007
US
I am:
# echo $TZ
EST5EDT

What do I need to do for the DST change in March?
I have oslevel 5.1 and 5.2 boxes.

thx

Either get the APAR installed on your boxes, or revert to manually setting the DST rules:

see other DST threads in this forum

I will repeat once more:

(from IBM developerworks website)
3) The TZ variable is set and says DST is in use, but there is no TZ indication for when to start and stop observation of DST. This is the case where the default rule is used, which is where the APAR comes into play starting in 2007.
The default through 2006, if set explicitly, would look like: M4.1.0,M10.5.0
(M4.1.0 = Month 4 [apr], week 1, day 0 [sun])
The default starting in 2007 is like manually setting the rule to this: M3.2.0,M11.1.0

set TZ in /etc/environment like so:

TZ=EST5EDT,M3.2.0,M11.1.0

and reboot your server

HTH,

p5wizard

You wiil also need to update your JAVA since they aslo deal with TIME ZONES

I have these installed already.

AIX 5.2
Apply APAR IY75213
Included in 5.2 TL08 (and higher)
AIX 5.1
Apply APAR IY75214

What I need to know it is what I need to do before or at 2 a.m. on 3/11?

Just make sure you have rebooted your servers after applying the APARs and before 3/11. Then you're all set.

HTH,

p5wizard

>> Just make sure you have rebooted your servers after applying the APARs and before 3/11

Is this mandatory? I thought that I don't need to reboot though....

Well, I would at least stop/start cron, because cron works off the wall clock. I'm not sure if the DST changeover dates are in the dynamic libraries or in the static libraries.

If the README text that came with the fixes says you didn't have to reboot, then you're OK.

HTH,

p5wizard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back