Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DSS won't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjl376

Instructor
Sep 26, 2005
US
I have a merlin with 3 consoles the first two are QCC the 3rd and last one is a DLC. When I plug the DSS into the DLC console it won't work. But if I plug it in to the other QCC consoles it will work. I'm only using one DSS and I need it plugged into the 3rd console which is the last one and a DLC console. Any ideas why it won't work? Also the DSS has been programmed with the right station numbers.

Well, there are a couple of things that may cause this problem.

Physical/Connection: You may not have all 4 pairs running to this console. (To run the DSS, you need all 4 PAIRS.)

- OR -

Programming: You may not have this really plugged into a CONSOLE Port.

to check the latter, at the "BIG PHONE" press MENU > System PROGRAMMING and then observe which extensions show as OPERATOR.

If the one you are trying to use IS NOT SHOWN, then you will have to program it as an operator.

But, based on what you have posted, I feel you have a PHYSICAL(Connection) problem.

Let us know....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back