Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DSS 9000 BLF Direct Station Select Busy Lamp Field

Status
Not open for further replies.

puckster99

Technical User
May 7, 2007
US
Hello,
Does anyone know how to configure a DSS 9000 attendant console BLF unit or have a manual. I have upgraded a PBX and need to re configure this unit but cannot find docs anywhere.

HELP !!!!

that's an old beast.. is it supported on the new rls.. it should have carried the few data base changes through the upgrade.. i don;t have the manuals, but i sent an email to another tech that just had to do a reinstall on one..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks John,

Any help would be appreciated. They upgraded the PBX to 5.0 and I couldn't do normal upgrade due to corruption so I needed to rebuild database from scratch. I was able to print out the CDB and 2250 info. Everything is set as it was but the BLF doesn't work. I am thinking I need to do something for the hundreds group, to tell the BLF what the station ranges are. They had it set up as EBLF and the CDB/ATT was set as IBL.

Thanks again.

Take a look at this in LD 15 under ATT data:

LFTN l s c u Lamp Field array Terminal Number
LFFD x00...x00 First Directory Number of lamp field array

Thanks for the reply,

From what I can tell, it looks like parameter LFTN & LFFD are only used for ILF not IBL (include enhanced busy lamp field)and I think you can only set one or the other. This customer is using the DSS9000 which is a 100 button enhanced BLF, if you know it will work as ILF for the DSS-9000, please let me know.

Thanks much

I called the attendant and she said the model was a DSS-9000.

Thanks cpm23,

I checked the NTP's and it looks like with the ILF feature and the LFTN/LFFD this will only show 150 numbers from lets say 8000, therefore she will only see 8000-8150. The reason they were using the enhanced feature IBL so she can press 80 for the 8000 range, 81 for the 8100 range and 82 for the 8200 range.

Do you know if your customer is only monitoring 150 DN's.

Thanks.

Actually, only about 120. It's the only DSS I've ever put on a 2250 and I put it in about 8 or 10 years ago.

Hello All,
From what I am finding, the manual I need is P0714693 (DSS 9000 install & Maint)and possibly P0714694 Does anyone have these manuals?
I just need the config section, and the section to setup the console through the buttons/menu's

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back