Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DSREPAIR - time stamp issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlespeechumuthu

Technical User
Dec 2, 2002
US
We have a Netware 4.1 with patch 410PT8b and 410y2kp2 applied.
When dsrepair is run it reports large number of objects (~16000) with time stamp 00/00/00 00:00:00. Server is functioning OK, Is this something to worry about ?. This is the only server on the network.
Running dsrepair - advanced - replica & partition - repair time stamp and new epoch didn't help

any suggestion on fixing time stamp is greatly appreciated

thanks
charles

i have vague recolls of this having something to do with macafee - but that may be on file creation date rtaher than this. (marv will know this as i think it he discussed something about this a while ago)

i would be weary of using the epoch command - not a majot thing with only one server but it's not a command that should be used unless you are sure

was or is the server giving you are synthetic type warnings ?
is the ds in sync ?
is the time in sync?

can you change pwd's etc?
if you create an account and set in to expire the next day - does it do it?

I've never seen an issue like this with DS objects. Only with file system timestamps.

I have a hard time believing you have 16000 objects in a 4.1 tree.. If your company is that big, you've surely upgraded to at least 4.11 if not higher by now.

How many servers and how many users do you have?

Marvin Huffaker MCNE, CNE
Marvin Huffaker Consulting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back