Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DSP resource 16% out of service

Status
Not open for further replies.

rejackson

IS-IT--Management
Oct 4, 2005
US
I am starting to get concerned now. I have several sites complaining about problems with bad call quality and the no dial tone issue. I was chasing the * in the output of the li meas ip dsp-resource but I just noticed the number in the far right column indicating the DSP Resource was out of service 16% (of the hour?). The other sites have similar reports. The * in the hour when they reported problems and the % out of service > 0. These are MG430s. The sh platform and sh voio-parm say there are no faults. It says the VOIP is on firmware 101. I cannot find the firmware on the Avaya web page. I have loaded the voip firmware in the G700 but cannot see what the process would be for the G430 or find what the current version might be?

Maybe configure the SNMP traps on the gateway to a trap receiver on your PC to see exactly when it happens...

Can you see any alarms in CM that are "resolved" for the times indicated?

If you had an IP problem - like a printer with a duplicate IP of your MG and only came online when people tried printing - yes, I know its ridiculous, but I've seen it - then you ought to have other alarms related to the gateway and its registration - the voip-dsp and mgp of the 430 use the same IP.

Now, to your point in your other post re: no dial tone or otherwise poor quality. Is there any mix of digital and IP stations there? I'd perhaps expect the digital stations to have no dial tone, and depending on QOS configurations, the IP phones to have degraded dial tone. Can you speak to that condition at all?

from the media gateways you can test voip-dsp and show voip-paramiters , this was an issue in some cm5.2.1 systems connected to the gateways , the fix was to reset the gateway , but use the above commands at the times you are getting the issues do you need to know the link for latest g430 firmware well here it is.

To find the current version of the gateway type "show image version"

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

rejackson, I had the same issue after some rapid up/down/congested network conditions. I was able to correct it using the reset voip-dsp 1 (or 2, 3 depending on which it is).

Wildcard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back