Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DSP key on 2616 phone set

Status
Not open for further replies.

westsidedeuce

Programmer
Jun 15, 2005
US
I've programmed a DSP key on a 2616 phone set
with TDD CNDA DNDA in CLS
testing it by calling my number (dialed NPA-NXX-XXXX)
place it on hold - call back- press the DSP key -
it shows the number but so quickly -
I cant figure out who is calling.
This feature works perfectly with our 2216 agent phone sets .something I'm missing here ?
thanks in advance
Josie

Josephine Vigil
West Hills
California

what if you left it ADD instead of TDD, I think it might hold for the ring cycle on the DSP key (can't remember, you'll have to test)

Mato' Was'aka

Not sure why someone would need a DSP Key if they had CLS TDD.

[©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators

the dsp key should give you cild back after the call was put on hold.. when you take a call off hold you see the acod and member of the trunk group (usefull i'm sure). the only other time you may want a dsp key is if someone transfers you a call.. the dsp key should show the clid instead of the tranfer detail

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

my email was not working , so I did not get your replies till today but Thank You

This customer had a 2216 SPV phone set with a DSP key
If a call came in on her key 5 ..she was able to press the DSP key see the number for a long enough time to read it - decide if she wanted to answer the call.

outed her 2216 and build a new 2616 phone set on that same TN . She asked about the DSP key. I installed the DSp key
but it just flashes the number rEAL QUICK :)

any suggestions on how the DSP key will work on a 2616 phone set

Thanks Again in advance
Josie

Josephine Vigil
West Hills
California

Here is how CLS "ADD" and "TDD" work:

CLS ADD: Call comes in on KEY 5, user must either press DSP then KEY 5 , or just answer KEY 5 to see caller info in display.

CLS TDD: Call comes in on KEY 5, user looks at display to see caller info in display.

So, the point here is with CLS TDD, there is no need to press DSP to see who is ringing on KEY 5 before you answer. It already displays.

However, if you prefer DSP - just hold down the key you want to view.

[©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back