Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DSOFile Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

specktur

Programmer
Jun 17, 2005
US
I downloaded the DSOfile demo from MS and it works great if the file has summary or author or whatever already filled in, problem is if there isn't any info and i try to put it there - I get an error! The error is long and complicated but it boils down to Access is Denied. Is there a flag I have to switch or something to allow these attributes to be written?

Thanks
Sean

Interesting problem.

The download includes both VB6 and VB.Net versions. The VB6 exe works as expected, but the VB.Net exe has the problems you identified.

I loaded the solution, compiled it and ran the new exe and it works fine, so there may be a problem in the VB.Net exe provided by the download, but recompiling the source seems to do the trick.

Hope this helps.

[vampire][bat]

Maybe I didn't something properly. opened the project from the build menu i did the configurator and changed it to release, then I did a build. I run the new exe and I still get the same problem... What type of file were you working with? If i use this on an office file it works, if it do it on a text file it fails. But if i manually add the information and use the program to edit it everything is fine.

Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back