Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dso exploit

Status
Not open for further replies.

jblalock

Technical User
Sep 12, 2002
US
spybot searchs reveal dso exploit repeatedly showing up in my registry even after problem is reported fixed. two entries in my registry under user and user default. can anyone tell me what dso exploit is, what it does and should i be concerned on removing it and if so, how do i do it.

It is a false positive from SpyBot. Ignore it, or update SpyBot. "The DSO Exploit is a security gap in IE. Microsoft did already repair this, so if you have all Windows updates and patches installed, it will not be dangerous for your system. Spybot S&D will still find it, because it contains an invalid value. Spybot S&D just has to reset that value. Unfortunately, in the current version, it sets again an incorrect value, so it is found in the next scan. Please update your main program."

Spybot DSO Exploit fix:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back