Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DSN Problem with web host's server

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaredP

Technical User
Feb 19, 2002
CA
here is the problem. The ASP App. that i have made, works on my PC at home( IIS 5 and ASP 3.0)but when i up load to the server with the same that i have in the pages doesn't work here is the example:

<% dim objConn

set objConn = Server.CreateObject(&quot;ADODB.Connection&quot;)objConn.Open &quot;DSN=Mite&quot;

%>

that is my DSN connection to my access database, what else do i need for this to work on the hoster's server. do i need a differant connection string or do i need a diffant coding for this stinker to work cuz if so i am not sure what else i need. if any one knows first hand what the code is for this please get back to me on it thanks
jared

Does the server have FrontPage (other?) server extensions loaded? JHall

Does the host also have the DSN and is it configured correctly? JHall

everything is done on there side and now it works but i am not sure what they did in the code they have a admin guy that just took a look at it today so it works now but i still don't know what was wrong. i emailed them back and hope to get the 411.
thanks
jared

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back