Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DSN problem, can anyone help

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottd431

IS-IT--Management
Apr 18, 2002
US
I am trying to get this product working for my needs. I have posted messages here but not cigar as of yet. I was told I might want to contact Tech Support. Well they will not respond to my email from email support and you have to pay 500.00 per call on phone support on a product I am not sure I want use. I was told it was a GREAT product. I have not been able to see as of yet. The person I called at tech support said well you have got it installed so that is all the support you get. I know the company I am consulting with will buy hundereds of copies eventually if this works for their needs for all of their clients. I asked her if they were interested in selling the product at all. As I explained to the lovely (yea right) person on the phone, I have not completed the install because I can not get the DSN working so I can not even begin to develop yet! Below is my problem, if any one can help I would be greatly appreciative.

We are on a deadline here. We were told CF MX 6.1 was our best options and was the best packages to web enable our current software. I have looked, searched, asked and still can not find out how to set up the DSN in the administrator and how to get the driver to show as one of the choices in the drop down menu under ADD NEW DATA SOURCE.
OS=RH Linux 8.0
Webserver=Apache
App=Coldfusion MX 6.1
3rd Party Driver for Informix (the Informix Wired Driver)= (Merant)DataDirect Tech ODBC Connect 4.2
Infomix- Informix SE 7.25
PLEASE I am to the point of begging. I have gotten all of these suggestions off the web and NOTHING has helped me. What has to be done to have this driver as an option in the DSN menu or is that what must be done. I was told CF was best solution but I may never find out, everything installed perfect all I need now is my ODBC connection.
We believe this is the product for us but we cannot get past this point to move on. Why is ODBC Socket not showing as an option in the add new DSN menu of choices
Thanks

ColdFusion Standard comes with a limited amount of drivers installed. ColdFusion Enterprise comes with many more. I'm really not sure if you can "add" drivers to the drop down menu in ColdFusion.

I have ColdFusion Standard, and I have set up several DSN connections that were not natively supported by CF, mainly Oracle and AS/400.

What database are you trying to connect to? Can you establish an ODBC connetion from the server itself (not using ColdFusion)?

Hope This Helps!

Ecobb

"Alright Brain, you don't like me, and I don't like you. But lets just do this, and I can get back to killing you with beer." - Homer Simpson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back