Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DSM32 on Bus 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

ERR5020

MIS
Oct 15, 2003
US
I have a bcm 400 4.0 with a dsm 32 on bus 7.On bus 3 there is a 4/16 which we are not using analog side of module. My problem is that I only get 16 ports on dsm32.Will bus 7 not support dsm32? My plan is to swap modules on buses 3 and 7 and replace 4/16 with dsm16 since on analogs are needed. Will this work? Will set relo work in this situation so I wont need to reprogram all sets involved?Planning to do this later this evening after business hours.

Is anything else on bus 7? If not then youth dips are set wrong.

I assume the BCM is a 2/6 split, rather than a 3/5 split (in which case, nothing should be on bus 7).

Also is this a DSM32 as opposed to a DSM32+. On earlier releases of BCM (prior to 4.0) a DSM32 (not a DSM32+) would require two buses, not just one bus, so bus 7 is not possible as it 'bleeds' onto bus 8.

Finally, I assume you've wired it correctly, namely the bottom amphenol cable for the first 16 digital stations, and the upper 2nd amphenol cable for the other 16 digital stations.

regards
paul

please refer to docs (BCM200/400 4.0 Installation and
Maintenance Guide) for DIP settings. For example the first three determine the offset and last three determine the bus number.

Also it's normal convention to assign the low bus numbers to the stations, and high bus numbers to the trunks. Typically you'd start with bus 2 = DSM, bus 7 = DTM.

regards
paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back