Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DSM 16 Ringing spontaneous 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetlePro

Programmer
Nov 30, 2006
SR
Hey Guys,

I've recently installed a Digital module on a MICS 6.1
Afterwards I got complaints about all the phones connected to the new module to ring spontaneous for about half a ring, with none on the other end (seems like a bugged ring).

Is this an programming error that's bugging out, or a factory error on the module?

Thanks in advance

Pro refers to my company, not my status

Are there any lines assigned to the phones the default is line 1 and 2 and if the AA is answering you will hear a half ring. Also If that is not the case try a reboot.

Thanks for the response,

I have tried the reboot allready with no success,

In regards to the assigned lines, that would only be the case if all the phones had the lines assigned right? or can it be caused by 1 phone with the assigned lines bugging out?

And yes there is a AA picking up all the lines. I'll check into that and let you know.

Pro refers to my company, not my status

Anything assigned to ring that set, or if you've got ans dn's on them, or they're part of a ringing hunt group will cause the phones to do that, whether they're cordless or desk sets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back