Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dsl router with hub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Itsari

Programmer
Mar 28, 2004
GB
Hi all,
I have just spent the good part of my day trying to configure internet sharing through 2 PCs.
I have a 16 port hub that i am trying to set up with the dsl router.

What's the best way to set this up? Do i plug the router directly into the host machine via usb then connect the host machine into hub or do i connect the router directly to the hub? What are the advantages?

Earlier, I set it up firstly connecting the router through the hub but this didn't work, (limited connectivity message) so i tried connecting it to the host machine via usb. This way the host machine was connected to the internet but i was having a problem whereby the host machine's IP was a 192 address and the client was 168.
I installed netbeui protocol on both machines also and went through the ics wizard for the client machine..i assumed this was all needed to be done but no joy.

Any advice would be appreciated..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back