Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DSAVUADM could not be loaded 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delle

MIS
Jun 29, 2002
NL
I may be missing something extremely simplistic... but here goes...We are using Groupshield 4.5 on the Exchange 5.5 server, and are recieving the following error:

"Extension DSAVUADM could not be loaded.
The extension for MS Exchange Administrator's CPU type has not been installed in this site.

Microsoft Exchange Administrator
ID no: C1031667"

After looking up the error in Technet (Q223279) I have come to find out that it is a problem in Groupshield. This is the dll that allows the antivirus tab to load. I have tried to completely uninstall and reinstall the Groupshield, but to no avail. Anyone have any ideas. NAI was pretty much no help. Although, it could be I am looking in the wrong spots for the info! Any information would be much appreciated!

Cheers!

Sounds like The DSAVUAdm attribute has not been removed from the Recipient Container's RAW properties following an uninstall of 4.03 or 4.04, or was not recreated correctly following an upgrade from 4.03 to 4.04.

Try

Open the Exchange Administrator in RAW mode (..\ADMIN.EXE /r)
Highlight the 'Recipients' container
Select 'File | Raw Properties'
A Schema window will open
Select "All" from the 'List objects of type' drop-list
Highlight 'Extension-Name-Inherited' in the 'Object attributes' pane
Select the "DSAVUAdm" attribute in the 'Attribute Values' window
Click 'Remove' to delete the attribute value
Click 'OK' to accept and close the properties window

Now try the install, groupshield is a great product when you can get the install done! Chris Styles

NT4/2000 MCSE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back