Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DSA latest version

Status
Not open for further replies.

djpegote

IS-IT--Management
Sep 16, 2001
ES
Anybody knows what's the latest version of Definity(Avaya) Site Administration and where can I get it?

Hi,

The latest version is 1.10 and, as far as i know, it can only be purchased through avaya and maybe some resellers.

Hope this helps,

Chris

I have a copy of DSA that I downloaded from Avaya while ago. If you don't have LAN connection to the PBX. I don't think you should try it unless you want to collect station data from the PBX to a text file. I used it with modem to the PBX and it is very slow.

Happy Phoning!

Hi kcbell,

I would say that is a bit of a mute point - the tracker will limit the speed on which anything connects at and so will the inads port. There's no difference in speed when using the terminal emulator in dsa to that in procomm, however their is a delay when using GEDI. The only advantage of using procomm that i can see is the scripting support, however all of the reporting and automated features with dsa makes up for that.

Personally, i think it simply comes down to personal preference with dsa having an edge for new users.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back