Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DS_E_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

treble99

Technical User
Jul 25, 2000
GB
I am trying to create a site connector between two sites in different domains that are in a two-way trust. When I enter the name of the remote server I get the message DS_E_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS.<br>I have checked the Exchange Server service account rights and also added the administrative rights for each account on each others domain.<br>Could anyone tell me where I am going wrong!<br><br>Many Thanks

The user you are currently logged in with doesn't have the required rights to add connectors. Log on with the MS Exchange Services Account and try to add the connector instead.<br><br>Regards<br><br>Lars<br><br>

Thank you for your response Lars but I am still having difficulties, is it possible to create a new MS Exchange Services Account after Exchange has been installed.<br><br>Many Thanks.

No, you can't change the service account without reinstalling MS Exchange. Be sure that you have the right permissions for the folder where the connectors are located.<br>Mark the folder Connections and choose File/Properties. Change to the tab permissions and see if you have the required permissions there. Otherwise you can log on as another user who has rights to add/change connectors. <br><br>Regards<br><br>Lars

Lars,<br><br>Thank you once again for your response but I am still have difficulty creating the Site Connector. Could it be because I do not have the Enterpirse version of Exchange Server or could it be some other reason.<br><br>Many Thanks

Hi,<br><br>No, if that was the case, you wouldn't even have the option to install it. The message:<br>DS_E_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS clearly says that you don't have any access to modify the Directory.<br>Does the Event Viewer give you any information, if so, what does it say exactly?

Exch 5.5 SP4

SP4 removes permissions inheritance from Address Book Views (see Q282184) so the only permissions left are those explicit to the ABV object.

What if no one has Permission Admin on that object? You're locked out! How can you reverse this affect of SP4?

I solved this problem by adding another temporary exchange server in my site with no service packs. I then granted permissions to the appropriate individuals on the ABV's on the new machine and all was well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back