Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DS_E_COMMUNICATIONS_PROBLEM --- New installation EXCH2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwind

IS-IT--Management
Jan 13, 2003
US
I loaded Exchange 2000 Svpk 3 on a W2K server svpk 3.
When I try to start up the Exchange 5.5 Administrator it gives me an error:

A connection could not be made to the MS Exchange server computer 'myserver'

The MS Exchange Server computer doesn't respond.

MS Exchange Directory
ID no: DS_E_COMMUNICATIONS_PROBLEM

When I looked originally at the Services to see if the System Attendant was running it said "Starting" as with the IMAP4/POP3 and one other... but none of them were really starting. So then I just rebooted the computer and they all started up fine. But the Exch 5.5 Administrator would not start.
I went into the Exchange System Manager and looked my Exchange Server's First Storage Group and both the Mailbox Store and Public Store are not mounted. I can mount both of them but I still get the DS_E_COMMUNICATIONS_PROBLEM error when I try to open the Exch5.5Admin.

Can someone direct me as to what to do so that I can get it running? Thanks.
-=Bradley

Do you have Exchange 5.5 and Exchange 2000 running on the same box? Or on the same network?

If so, did you set up an AD connector?

Need to have more info about the setup.

Thank you but I figured it out...I never got training on Exchange 2K and was trying to run it like it was 5.5. I've learned a lot very quickly. There was no need to try to run 5.5 Admin I only needed the Exchange Server Manager.
Unfortunately now I'm having connectivity problems...see my other post.
thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back