Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DS4800 RDAC need help 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexia32

Technical User
Jul 31, 2007
NZ
Hello

I have an aix 5.3 lpar attached to SAN DS4800 using rdac driver... I never use this kind of driver (I always used SDD or SDDPCM).
Can you help me out to find out the new luns allocated and to be able to create a new vg with this new luns?

If someone can give me the equivalent of those sdd commands :
pcmpath (or datapath) query device => to see the luns

pcmpath query essmap => to see all LUNs details serial#, size etc...

=> What is the equivalent with rdac ?

Thank you very very much in advance.

Cheers
Al

[tt]cfgmgr[/tt]

and then

[tt]fget_config -Av[/tt]

(I don't use RDAC myself, but I've come across it while googling...)

HTH,

p5wizard

Hi
Obviously I still need help to understand this RDAC thing.
The SAN storage needs to upgrade the DS4800 and ask me to upgrade the driver.
My question is what is the drivers that I need to upgrade in that case

I try to find some documentation on ibm but nothing that I see about aix and rdac (only linux stuff)!

Please if you can tell me where to find the doco to understand all this RDAC thing, how it has been configured on aix etc... which drivers were required ,....

Thanks in advance
Al

Apparently RDAC for AIX is packaged as

devices.fcp.disk.array.rte

and other filesets.

you can verify with

[tt]type fget_config
lslpp -w </full/path/to/fget_config as output by type command>[/tt]

You'll see the AIX fileset that contains the fget_config command.

see more info with our friends over at ittoolbox:

But note, your SAN team should have all the info as to which version of which filesets is prerequisite on AIX hosts for their planned firmware upgrade on the DS4k box(es).

HTH,

p5wizard

Code:
When you upgrade firmware, you must upgrade all client package components to the same release level. For example, if you are upgrading your controller firmware from version 5.x to version 6.x, you must also upgrade your Storage Manager client to version 9.x or higher. If your host system uses RDAC, upgrading controller firmware from version 5.x to version 6.x might also require host software updates, such as RDAC updates and HBA driver updates. Refer to the IBM DS4000 Web site for detailed instructions.

I found this in the IBM DS4800 Support site:

Regards,
Khalid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back