Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DS3200 SAS server and HBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

peschool

IS-IT--Management
Jul 22, 2016
US
Hello everyone, I have a ds3200 full of 15k rpm 300GB drives and dual SAS controllers. I primarily deal with routing, switching, and firewalls but want to set this up in my home to use in my lab and learn more about storage. I am having trouble finding info, so can anyone point me in the right direction of how to get this up and running? Is there a specific HBA that I have to use it will any external SAS card work? Also, I'm assuming there was a line/model of IBM servers that this came out with, but I can't find what that is, if it matters. Can I just get an IBM server with a PCIe card with a couple SAS ports to set this up or do I need more specific components? I'm a total newbie when it comes to this obviously and really want to learn more about storage, but the only way I can get any real hands on is in my home lab and would really love to be able to put this to use. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back