Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DS30 v2 dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 29, 2011
US
I have a DS30v2 that is blinking green then red. No phones work on it. I replaced the unit to get the customer up and running. Anybody know how to fix it? Can you default it via DTE port? I have fixed control units by defaulting them via DTE port but not expansion modules.

Connect a cable to the DTE port on the IP Office DS30 V2 module. (same terminal settings as the DTE port on the control units)

Power off the IPO

Disconnect the expansion port.

Power off/on the unit and use the break key (esc) to interrupt the boot of the DS module. You get a "Programming FPGA" line, then a "FPGA Version 0x01" line, then you may need to hit enter to get the -> prompt

At the prompt type AT-X2 then enter to erase the config, it should respond with OK.
At the prompt type AT-X1 to erase the operational software. The unit begins to try to find the operational software from the TFTP server.

At this point you point the manager to the 3.2.999 BIN files.

Once everything is up the DS30 will request the software from the TFTP server via the control unit, it gets the 3.2.999 files. Once that upgrade finished and the DS30 reboots, upgrade the firmware again to the correct version. Hopefully it won't happen again.

AT-X doesn't work with all the expansion modules I have noticed. AT-X2 and AT-X1 ensure that the module is 100% clean for a re-flash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back