Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DS problems when recovering broken server

Status
Not open for further replies.

vekara

IS-IT--Management
May 26, 2003
FI
Hi,

We accidently installed one Metaframe to citrix (3.0) farm when there was problems in DNS. Basicly what happend was that IMA DB server solved the Computer name wrongly that caused installation to crash with error "Could not start IMA Service in CTX_MF_IMA_StartIMAService".

That caused some DB inconsistencies that were fixed with DScheck /clean. After that installing other servers to farm has been succesful but for some reason if I now install server with same name than broken one was it crashes. Installation goes Ok but I cannot log in to metaframe console, neither farm settings are replicated to that server.

Data Store Validation Utility
Version: 0.4

Verifying Host Record Rules
-------------------------------
No Host Records Found

Current error in DS is now:
Verifying Common Server Rules
---------------------------------
****** ERROR ******
CommonServerHostName: <HOSTNAME> may not be valid
ComSrv HostId: 24137
HostRecord HostId 13670
CommonServerHostId and HostRecord do not match

Verifying MF Server Rules
-----------------------------
Failed to find any MF Entries in the DS

Any idea how I could clean the DS totally from this host prior next installations, or now to solve this hostname problem?

Thanks

I think you will find that that server name is in the datastore. Can you see it from the management console, if you can then delete it, if you can't I am not sure how to fix. Will have a look at citrix web site.

[blue]Arguably the best cat skinner around ! [/blue]

Cheers
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back