Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DS 2000 reboots when trying to upload changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsnndn

Technical User
Nov 18, 2002
US
I have a NEC DS-2000 with PC admin software for administration and Call accounting software. In the past few weeks, when any changes are made with the admin software, uploading the changes causes a system reboot.

The admin software works fine when downloading the database, changes can be made in the software program, but when saving/uploading it causes a failure.

I have confirmed the com port parameters - SMDR output works fine. It seems the recieve side of the com port has failed???

Has anyone had problems like this. I can program from the phones fine, but the customer wants to use the Admin Software because it's easier to maintain/change.

Thanks in advance

More to ponder. On site using either a laptop or the client desktop the following occures.

Connect with PC Admin Software, press connect. Programs download ok through 93xx. Then the records begin to download 1 of 1800. On record 11, the download stalls, then the system restarts. Once the system restarts, it pickups on record 13 and downloads through 1800. Once completed, if you go to Trunks, no records are displayed.

SMDR/Call Accounting is shutdown, it doesn't matter if you change the BAUD Rate from 38400, 19200 or 9600. The system will restart every time at record 11.

Is there a way with Hyper Terminal to see/change record 11? After connecting with Hyper Terminal a > is displayed on the screen. If I type "?" a list of commands are displayed. Is there a Hyper Terminal program reference out there?

I can program from the phones just fine. Changes are saved, etc. But that is about as fun as a wet armpit on an open wire line!

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

itsnndn,
I'm having trouble with the extension 300 being able to answer calls by lifting the handset. RLP is set to "Y", and i've put extension 300 in the same COS as the rest of the extensions. Can you help me?

If using the call coverage keys, you lose ringing line preference. Check this first. Ext 300 - I always leave in COS 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back