Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DRW error upgrading to SP1 (Site control file changes....)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pabl0

Technical User
Nov 30, 2005
GB
I am currently in the process of upgrading our SMS infrastructure to SP1. I have run the DRW against our secondary sites and have received an error (on 3 of the 13 sites) with the "Site control file processing backlog" test. The result is as follows.....
"Site control file changes are not being processed in a timely fashion. SQL table SiteControl has 5 instances for this site."
I have checked for error and warning status messages from SMS_HIERARCHY_MANAGER and SMS_SITE_CONTROL_MANAGER but there is no useful information to be found as there are no error or warning messages showing. In fact there are no errors or warnings showing in system status form any of the three servers.
Obviously i now cannot progress with my upgrade but am at a loss as to what my next move should be to resolve this issue. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!!

I had this exact same issue and opened a ticket with Microsoft. Here is what they had me do to fix it:

An easy way to clear up site control backlog is to detach and reattach the secondary site. Everything about a secondary site is in its sitectrl.ct0 file and we can take this file to the primary and it will proccess it and put the secondary site back in the hierarchy. Here are the steps to do this.

1. Copy the sitectrl.ct0 file from \sms\inboxes\sitectrl.box on the secondary and put it on the primary in a temp folder. Rename the file to sitectrl.ct2
2. On the primary run this 3 times in a row: preinst.exe /deljob <sec site code>
3. Then run preinst.exe /delsite <sec site code> <pri site code>
4. Move the sitectrl.ct2 file into the \sms\inboxes\hman.box on the primary and it should disappear in a few seconds
5. In a minute, refresh the console and you'll see the secondary site appear
6. Run the upgrade wizard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back