Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dropping indexes and updating ddfs PSQL v10.10

Status
Not open for further replies.

meagain

MIS
Nov 27, 2001
CA
I needed to drop some indexes from two tables to accomodate MS Access' index restrictions. I did this via the PSQL - Utilities - Maintenance (aka Btrieve Maintenance Utility). Now I'd like to save these changes to the ddfs. A few years ago when I did this in v8 or 9, it was a simple save and update or recreate. From the BMU or the PCC, I can't see where to do this in v10.10. I'd appreciate your guidance in this matter.

Thank you!!

The best suggestion would be to use DROP INDEX IN DICTIONARY statements. For example:
DROP INDEX <index name> IN DICTIONARY

This will remove the indexes from the DDFs but not the data files (since there aren't any on the data files).

The DROP INDEX is a standard SQL statement so you'd connect through PCC and open a new SQL document (like you were going to SELECT data and just run the DROP INDEX instead).

Mirtheil
Certified Pervasive Developer
Certified Pervasive Technician

Thank you Mirtheil, I'll give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back