Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dropping Fields on Pageframe

Status
Not open for further replies.

crewchiefpro5

Programmer
Dec 17, 2004
US
Another simple question. How do I drop fields on a pageframe? When I try to drag and drop it does not go on the pageframe, but on the form. In EDIT Mode unless I cut and paste I doesn't want to work properly.

right click the pageframe, select the page you wanted your fields to be dropped onto and click "edit" then drop the fields as desired.

hope this helps. peace! [peace]

kilroy [trooper]
philippines

"If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get one million miles to the gallon, and explode once a year, killing everyone inside."

Once you have the container control (in this case it is a pageframe) in edit mode (either by right-click context menu option method or the aforemetioned "Ctrl + Left-Click" method) you should see a greenish-blue hashed border displayed around the container. Then go click on the desired control or drag and drop the desired class or however you are putting the controls on your pages inside the pageframe and they will go inside the container not on top of it. (Note: that greenish-blue hash border has a bad habit of not repainting correctly so sometimes you can still see it even after the container is no longer in edit mode).

I agree that "Ctrl + Left-Click" is a time saver, and for controls that are nested more than one level deep there is "Ctrl + Shift + Left-Click" which will save you even more time. I tend to use the latter most of the time as it becomes a habit and I am usually trying to get to a control not the container in which it resides.

boyd.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back