Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dropping connection on power up

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrB0b

IS-IT--Management
May 19, 2011
US
This is a little different than the title suggests but I couldnt think of a better title. I have two software programs installed on a server that require a license dongle(USB attachement) to function. So the client side(Windows 7) program calls the server and asks for the license key off the dongle and then it will open the client side program.

Whenever we have a power outage, 5 seconds or an hour,shutting down all the switches between point A(server) and B(client), the server has to be restarted to make the program see the servers dongle license.

Why is that? The server is on a UPS and doesnt shut down nor does it have access to the outside world. When I had the dongle installed on a 03 server, this wasnt an issue. When the program cant find the license, I can still RDP into the server so connection is there.

Any idea where to look? Otherwise I will have to look int oa dedicated server just for this program......

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back