Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dropped PRI

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTVilla

IS-IT--Management
May 31, 2002
IL
I have an IP Office 412 and have been dropping calls for a couple of hours about every two weeks. I starting monitoring the system and got the message below.

Does anyone know why I might be getting this from the CO?

1313371978mS ISDNL3Rx: v=6 peb=6
ISDN Layer3 Pcol=03(Maintenance) Reflen=2 ref=0000(Remote)
Message Type = Service
InformationElement = Change Status (OUT OF SERVICE)
0000 01 01 c2 ...
InformationElement = CHI
0000 18 03 a9 83 81

We had an issue with all the calls dropping and it turned out to be an issue with the conference bridge. When ever someone would try to connect to the built in conference bridge, all the calls would drop. It ended up being a processor issue and it was replaced.

Be sure from your Telecom .I seems it is about remote alarm which can be occured becuase of Telecom pabx , ISDN modem or SDH equ?pments.Also cehck for the copper cable to your IP office with RJ 45.

also,
is there any interuption of internal services

here is a nice trick

get an alarm clock that will reset to midnight if power is interupted. plug it into the same ups, or power strip the ipo, and all the other equip plugs into.

when the issue happens again, ask them to check the time on the clock sittng on top of the system.

this does not from what you have said sound like a power issue since the monitor should show a reboot. it is however a very cost effective way to rule out power issues on any equip.

You do not always get what you pay for, but you never get what you do not pay for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back