Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dropped frames!!! How can I eliminate them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lange74

Technical User
Mar 27, 2002
US
I have a new Sony Vaio computer but I upgraded the video card with a Radeon ATI. Sony TRV 27 digital camcorder, Firewire connection, clean video. Can someone please explain why Premiere keeps reporting dropped frames when I try and capture? Should I use the old card or a different software?

Dropped frames are usually related to Hard Drive throughput. When doing Video Capture, you need at least 7200rpm drives. RAID-0 Drive Array is the way to go to increase drive I/O throughput.

well premiere was always good for me, even wen i used da comp during capture. however, it cud be your hardware. if your capturing dvd quality video w/ a 800mhz computer, i dun dink its going to work out. try to kill any background programs as much as possible. do it accordingly, based on if you continue to drop frames. then if that does not work, try to lower da quality of da video. with a 400 you should be able to capture vcd quality w/o alot of background programs. good luck

Closing out all programs including anti-virus was successful...kind of. With the exception of one here and there it captures pretty well for a while. But after about 10,000 frames or so it starts dropping them left and right. I can only capture about 10 minutes at a time. No problem on the other suggestions...7200rpm min, 1.3 GHZ processor, AVI DV.... Computer designed for capturing DV. Don't get it????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back