Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dropped calls in vector with unconditional steps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armstrong2012

Technical User
Jan 20, 2012
US
When people call into VDN 43266 they get routed to vector 202 which will place them into hunt group 12. This all works as it should. My problem is that when people hear all of the messages in vector 202 twice (because it is set to an unconditional loop) they are cut off and receive a busy signal. Afterwards people report that when they try to call back they get a busy signal right away.

Anyone have any suggestions?

3.JPG

2.JPG

1.JPG

Not sure if this is the answer or not, but I would change step 14 to a "goto step 7" instead of step 5. The call is already queued to split 12 and doesn't need to try again.

If you can recreate the issue, do a list trace of the vector and see what is reported.

Also, execute the command: display events

Make sure the type is set to vector and then fill in the vector field with 202 and see what events are being reported.

- Stinney

I love learning and passing on knowledge. "Because knowing is half the battle".... GI JOOOOOE!

Here is the report from the display events

EVENTS REPORT

Event Event Event Event First Last Evnt
Type Description Data 1 Data 2 Occur Occur Cnt

81 No digits collected 202/13 27A1 08/01/10:52 08/02/13:40 255
31 Dial-ahead discarded 202/11 2CE6 08/01/15:39 08/01/15:39 1

Neither of those are unusual.

The first just means that when they reached the prompt at line 12 they didn't press anyting.

Second is that the caller entered a digit before they got to the prompt line and the system ignored it.

Are you able to duplicate the issue if you call the vector? If so, can you do a list trace of the vector while you create the issue?

- Stinney

I love learning and passing on knowledge. "Because knowing is half the battle".... GI JOOOOOE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back