Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dropdown list with sections on a form

Status
Not open for further replies.

kull

Technical User
Aug 2, 2000
CA
Hi Folks<br><br>I have a combo box set up on a form that accesses a table with a field listing provinces and states.&nbsp;&nbsp;How would I go about making it so that when I open the drop-down list on the form, the provinces are listed together under a header of &quot;Canada&quot; and and the states are under the header &quot;United States&quot;, and the user cannot select the headers off the list.&nbsp;&nbsp;Thanks in advance for any help.&nbsp;&nbsp;<br><br>

Can't be done.<br><br>There is no way to have headers mixed in with the data. The only header is at the top.<br><br>If you have a field in your table that specifies whether it is a state or province, you could sort first by that field, and then by the actual state or province. This would give you all of the provinces together, and then all the states. I believe that is as close as you can get.<br><br>The other option is to have a combo box for provinces, and a combo box for states. <p>Jim Lunde<br><a href=mailto:compugeeks@hotmail.com>compugeeks@hotmail.com</a><br><a href= Application Development

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back