Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

drop shadow

Status
Not open for further replies.

babywewe

Technical User
Oct 20, 2002
US
I looking to learn how to make a drop shadow.. not the easy kind of drop shadow thats listed under "drop shadow" ... "outter glow"...
Its more like a askewed shadow thats like a shadow someone casts in a dark alley or the shadow ones feet casts under a light... I think it involves a silo but i'm not sure. Can someone help me out?

There is a complete lesson on this in 'Photoshop Wow!' but basically you create the drop shadow then duplicate the layer, then use free trandform on the shadow. I think, check out the book.

Pernel

Hi,

Take your picture and do any nessary quick mask jobs to select only the outline of the object that you want to have a shadow, then save the selection marquee as an alpha channel. Load the selection and fill it in with a color of your choice and feather the edges. Then mess around with the various transformation tools to get the desired effect.

Hope this helps!
greenjumpy.gif
NATE
design@spyderix-designz.com

That's pretty much what I was trying to get at. Add Blur to the shadow and that will giv eyou a good effect. Even some lighting effects on the actuall shadow too just so that the shadow isn't completely perfect would make it look good too.

Hope this helps!
greenjumpy.gif
NATE
design@spyderix-designz.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back