Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

drop shadow / shadow box in IE

Status
Not open for further replies.

1DMF

Programmer
Jan 18, 2005
GB
I can't work out why my box-shadow works in FF/Chrome/Opera , but not IE.

I've tried
Code:
border-collapse: separate;

But it didn't seem to make a difference.

I must be missing something obvious!

Thanks,
1DMF

"In complete darkness we are all the same, it is only our knowledge and wisdom that separates us, don't let your eyes deceive you."

"If a shortcut was meant to be easy, it wouldn't be a shortcut, it would be the way!"
Free Electronic Dance Music

What version? Because CSS3 box-shadow is only supported in Infernet Exploder 9+

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.
Webmaster Forum

Well I'm not sure to be honest.

I was putting the demo together to ask for some guidance in the GSAP community, ported it over from my Linux Firefox devel environment.

Fired it up on my Laptop (Windows 7) and it was missing most of the box shadow. I'm assuming it's either IE10 or EI11 , and shouldn't be in compat mode.

I'm going to have to recheck when I get home, as now I'm in the office, it's displaying in IE9 & IE11 just fine?

It was late and I'd been working on it all weekend, perhaps it was just tired eyes that missed some stupid setting in my browser?

"In complete darkness we are all the same, it is only our knowledge and wisdom that separates us, don't let your eyes deceive you."

"If a shortcut was meant to be easy, it wouldn't be a shortcut, it would be the way!"

Well I'm at a loss, my browser must be broke?

I have IE11, no compat settings!

This is what is looks like...

IE11-CSS-Issue.png

It doesn't look like that on any other IE11 I've viewed it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back