Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

drop shadow on text (one more time please...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

daftdada

Technical User
Oct 15, 2005
US
Realizing that Object > Drop Shadow only applies to layers not text. I was advised to use Filter > Stylize > Drop Shadow when the text is selected. However where does one find Filter > ... ?
Thanks in advance.

daftdada,

Oops. I need to pay more attention in the future which forum I am answering questions for . . . I would like to warn you now that applying Drop Shadows in InDesign creates a Transparency that needs to eventually be flattened. Just FYI. Again sorry about the confussion earlier.

-Virginia

MarcusStringer IS correct you can go to Object>Dropshadow And use that while selecting the specific section of text that you want or the whole text box - because the dropshadow will effect the whole box in the end; Layers has nothing to do with whether or not the Drop Shadow will work.

No.
In my version "CS", it effects everything in the box.

That's why it's under the Object menu and not the Type menu.

If you want it to effect certain words then those words will have to be in a seperate box.

Marcus

That is what I said. But it doesn't effect/affect the whole Layer. Layers and Boxes are different. I was agreeing with you.

Sorry, vakohles.

you can go to Object>Dropshadow And use that while selecting the specific section of text that you want or the whole text box

It read like you were saying you can do a dropshadow by seleting the type.

My mistake if I misunderstood.

Thanks for checking my sppalllin for me. [bigsmile]

Marcus

No prob.

I was able to do that though. . . I selected the text and went to Object>Dropshadow and checked preview and DropShadow and it set the Shadow to the WHOLE Text Box (ALL the type within that box had the shadow), Maybe that was a fluke of my version though. :)

Funny how misunderstandings bring about friendly conversations.

Have a g'day mate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back