Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Drop Shadow Dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonicMax

Technical User
Sep 14, 2003
US
Crew,

On one of the insert booklet pages for my upcoming CD release...for one of the song titles, I had used a really cool font with an appropriate stroke weight of a nice scarlet color; & then applied a drop shadow of the same color (Effect > Stylize > Drop Shadow > Color.)

When the design proofs came back from the printer, I noticed that the drop shadow looked a bit too dark (the song title text was layered on a white background for that particular design page.)

All I need to do is go back in & scale back on the Opacity (of the Drop Shadow)...but I can't seem to figure out how to get to that dialog for the life of me.

Can someone help me out with this?...I know it must be something simple, right?

Thanks,

Sonic Max

Highlight the object you want to change the shadow on. Go to the Appearance palette (Window>Appearance if it isn't open). Double click on the attribute "Drop Shadow" and you will then get a dialog box where you can change your shadow.

This is in CS2.

Yes, simple [smile]

Nikki Fay
Beginning and Intermediate Illustrator Tutorials featuring CS2

Nikki...

That did the trick !!!

Thanks very much,

Sonic Max

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor