Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

drop menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

jensmile

MIS
Jan 10, 2002
CA
Hi
Hi there

I need to do a drop menu with Dreamweaver 4 for my site.
In a nav bar, I have hidden submenus, which drop down (become visible) on mouseover on the main links (I am able to do it using layer behaviours and images. But this makes the page heavy. If I use plain text in the submenu and link them, then while over the space between two links, the action becomes "mouseout" and the layer disappears(as it is supposed to do on mouseout).

see exemple:
Best regards

Jenny ( jensmile@hotmail.com )

Try going to they have alot of cool navigation menu styles, and its easy to configure... I have not failed; I merely found 100,000 different ways of not succeding...

i dont know if u have them...but i like to use fireworks or flash to make my drop menus....it makes it easy and it does all the work for me....plus i can make everything look completly different from one topic to another..

deeeeceeee X-)

Also, Check out the book Dreamweaver 4 Magic
It goes into drop-downs and fly-out menus.

Hope this helps

Hello friend,
This is a common problem..Well i overcame it successfully..Let me help u..

First, set action on the <td>(cell) of the table instead of the link..So when the mouse comes over the cell the layer has to be visible..

Secondly, don't forget to set behaviour on the layer onMouseOver to show and hide when out...

hope u solved it..

Regards..
Demi...........................

Oh..I almost forgot my point. The menus are created dynamically so there's no messing with show-hide behaviors and layer placement.

David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back