Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Drop Down's

Status
Not open for further replies.

estrassm

IS-IT--Management
May 13, 2003
US
I have an app where I created a table called lookups that I use to drive all of my regular Access dropdowns. This works fine on normal Access forms i.e. in the rowSource I put In...

SELECT dbo_tblLookUp.LUDesc1 FROM dbo_tblLookUp WHERE (((dbo_tblLookUp.LUCat)="Itemp")) ORDER BY dbo_tblLookUp.LUDesc1;

This populates the drop down list and correctly displays on the form when selected. I tried to duplicate this using Data Access Pages and the only solutioon I could come up with worked halfway. I created views on SQL-Server and then tied the field on the data access page form to that view. in my DAP example I have a dropdown that is supposed to select an email address. It is built like this:

Control Source: rEmailTo
ListRowSource: Recordset: vw_Email_ROI
ListDisplayField: LUDesc1 (the email address list)
ListBoundField: LUDesc1

From what I can tell here is what happens:

The drop list populates fine
When selected, though, the selection does not display on the form
Even though the selected value correctly populates the underlying table

Can anyone give me an idea of what I'm doing wrong or if I'm off base - how should I do this? Do I really need to setup discrete tables for all of these lookup values?
THANKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back