Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Drop Down OnChange Option with Netscape? Plz Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

awol2k

Programmer
Apr 23, 2001
US
I have a drop down box that contians different options for a java applet. When the user selects a new option from the drop down the content in the Java applet changes. I am using the onChange to send the value of their option to the following JavaScript:

<script language=&quot;JavaScript&quot;>
<!--
var IVR;

function loadIVR() {
IVR = self.document.forms[0].varIRV.value;
pano.Set_file(IVR);
pano.ResetApplet();
}

function MM_callJS(jsStr) { //v2.0
return eval(jsStr)
}
//-->
</script>

In the function loadIVR() the pano.Set_file(IVR) and pano.ResetApplet() allow me to change the content of my applet without reload the HTML page. These are already built into the applet.

This works fine in IE. Here is the URL to test:
In Netscape I can't get it to work. I don't get an error but the applet never seems to get the data from the .Set_file(IVR) and pano.ResetApplet()?

I am guessing I am doing something that is not supported by Netscape. Can someone please help me?

Thanks in advance,

Ed

Hi,

How about changing &quot;IVR = self.document.forms[0].varIRV.value;&quot;? You can give a name to the form and use &quot;IVR = document.formname.varIRV.value;&quot;. Try it, it might work!!

Regards
Luís Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back