Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Drop Down Meun for a web page 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

icecode

Technical User
May 2, 2002
US
I am using Dreamweaver 4.0 for the Mac and trying to redesign my site. I wanted to save some space and use drop down meun that would save the viewers time in getting to what they would most like to see.

I don't know if you are making a statement or a question -- I'll take it as a question. I'm sure some will say there's a better way to do this, but the easiest I've found is creating it in Fireworks and exporting the html in DW. Just go to Fireworks and review the tutorial under help. Hopefully, you have Fireworks.

Hello,

My first popup menu was made using FW and then exporting to DW like Daniel. It works fine, although you have to fiddle with menu placement and the formatting is not great. Although it is better in the DWMX preview.

For my next menu I used Project Sevens (PVII) free extensions for DW. See - extensions and tutorials. They also have a pay for extension called MenuMagic, see the demo for all the funky things it can do. I personally would never use FW for pop-up menues again, it is too clunky and the code it produces is huge, there are far more options with PVII.

Up to you!

Red

Red's suggestion is worth checking out. I agree it produces a lot of code and you do have to tweak the x and y settings in the code. Explore both avenues.

-DanH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back