Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Drop Down Menus

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyMacaroni

IS-IT--Management
Jul 5, 2001
GB
Whenever I create a button with drop-down menu within Fireworks, it previews fine in Explorer, and works correctly. But when I insert the .png file into a Dreamweaver document and preview that, Explorer crashes with an illegal operation. I've tried changing the button to a .jpg which stops Explorer crashing but it loses all its attributes.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this and why Explorer crashes whenever I insert a .png file into Dreamweaver? Cheers for your help

I think you have to export the file using Dreamweaver HTML (as opposed to generic or another choice). This converts the image to a gif or jpeg file (your choice) as png files are not supported (yet). You also have to insert the html through Dreamweaver using the interactive image choice. Choose Insert > Interactive Images > Fireworks HTML. I hope this helps - I am new at this, but I have just been working with this...

Tana,
I've done what you said and exported the Fireworks button into a .htm doc, when I open the .htm file in DreamWeaver and previewed it it works fine, but when I open a new page and go to Insert, Media, Fireworks HTML and it inserts the relevant image, it now won't work, and keeps coming up with script and object errors.

Any ideas?! Many thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back