Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Drop down menu..

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoIDea

MIS
Jan 19, 2001
AU
How'd do make a menu appear when the move the cursor over a link or button??

NoIdea,

Afraid this involves some pretty complex fussing with DHTML (Javascript and CSS) which can be a bit of a nightmare to get working crossbroswer.

However you can find some good examples and tutorials here:

Hope this is of some help

you can also find code and information at there are various forms of this text,link menu and you just need to make sure you get one that is cross browser compatible.

The ones at dynamic drive are very easy to modify.

Hope this helped.

One of the best I've seen yet is available from pvii. With a few well-written Dreamweaver 4 behavior extensions and tutorial files [all provided at no cost], you can make a good cross-browser/easily editable/very customizable set of dropdowns. I've been trying to find a good menu system, and this seems to be the best suited to my current needs.

If you're not using Dreamweaver, um, this may not be as helpful. But projectseven's site will probably be worth looking at anyway.

Macromedia's Fireworks 4 has a wizard of sorts for generating dropdown menus, which is very easy and quick. However, I wasn't very satisfied with the menus that FW produced. They're a little tough to customize, and use a HUGE .js file to do their thing.

I hesitate to recommend dynamicdrive ... yeah, they've got a lot of stuff, but what you get may not be reliable, customizable, or widely compatible. Caveat coder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back