Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Drop Down Lists on a Web Form

Status
Not open for further replies.

dataman86

Technical User
Oct 11, 2008
US
Ok, Table #1 is Issue which has IssueID, and Issue as fields. Table #2 is Resolution which has ResolutionID and Resolution as fields. Table #3 is ResolutionTime which has ResolutionTimeID and ResolutionTime as fields. Table #4 is the Time Table which holds TimeID and Time Received fields. Table#1 holds issues to be worked on by the user. Table#2 holds resolutions to a particular issue. Table#3 holds Resolution Time assigned to an issue. Table #4 contains the amount of time it took the user to handle an issue. There is a Main Table that has an ID field which will automtaically increment each time a record is added to it. The Main table contains all of the data from Tables 1 through 4 where the user has selected lists from a drop down. I need a drop down list setup for Table #1, #2, #3, and #4. I need for the user to be able to add, update,and delete records from the main table as needed.

When a new record is added the ID field iin the Main Table automatically increments and will have the ID field as a TextBox field on the web form. The Issue Drop Down Box will be next underneath in the web form. Th user selects an issue from the drop down list that he or she will work on. when the issue is selected from the drop down, it should show in the issue drop down field. The user then selects the Resolution Drop Down list and selects a resolution to that issue and it appears in the Resolution Drop Down. The user then selects a Resolution Time from the Resolution Time drop down list and inserts the time in the Resolutio Time drop down field. THe Time is selected from the Time drop down list and appears in the Time field as 1-2Hrs as an example.

A Gridview should load with all records for a user that has records less than six days old. A Stored Procedure will run to do this and will load as the web form first pulls up for the user signed in. As records are added, the records should appear in the gridview. All records in the gridview should link back to the drop down lists above the gridview. When the user needs to select a record row in the gridview, the record should appear in the ID TextBox field, Issue DDL, ResolutionDDL, ResolutionTimeDDL and TimeDDL. I also will have other fields such as Work Order # , Comments, and Status which will appear for each record. As records are added, a status of "0' will appear in the status textbox indicating a new record. A Status of "1' will appear by a record when the work order number for a particluar record is closed.

I just need to know how to write the coding to setup the drop down lists for Tables 1 - 4 where inserts, updates, and deletes can occur and postback to the database as changes are made to the SQL Server Database containing the Issue Table, Resolution Table, and so forth.

The Main Table contains all records added to the database. The Main Table has an ID that automatically increments, An Issue, a Resolution, a resolutionTime, Time, Work Order Number, Date Added, User Added, Date Modified, User Modified, Status, and comments.

Crystal Reports will be pulled from the Main Table concerning information needed for a perticular record.

Does this now make sense? Any help is appreciated. I am new to web applications and need some help until I can get up and running.

DataMan86

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back