Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Drop down lists not showing data 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffshex

Technical User
Jun 30, 2005
US
I have an interesting one.
On some of our forms, we have drop down boxes that are populated by a query.
The strange thing is that I have one computer that when you click on SOME of the drop down boxes, no data is shown.
On other computers, they work just fine.
So I have tried a detect and repair, compact, and even reinstalled office on that machine and have had no luck.

Has anyone ran into this before or know what can cause this issue on one machine and not others?

Is the dropdown that doesn't work based on a table/query that is available to all users?

Randy

Yes, I have no security on it.
They can view the information from the query itself, it's just when it's in one of a couple certain drop downs.

Just an update. It seems to be caused by something in Office Service Pack 3.

Not sure what it is, but did a restore to SP2 and everything is working fine again.

SP3 causes this behavior if the field in the combobox has been formatted. The usual culprit, amazingly, is the simple > used to force upper case. Simply removing the formatting returns this particular functionality under SP3. Of course, they're a bunch of other bugs, so removing it until Micro$oft gets things sorted out was, IMHO, the way to go.

The Missinglinq

Richmond, Virginia

There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat!

This was the answer that I was looking for!! How maddening that MS takes something that's working fine and makes it a problem with their "Service Pack"!!

Also frustrating that it takes so long to find answers, but at least this place exists to find them.... Had to search for just the right topic - my fault I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back