Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Drop Cap question 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

letimoli

Technical User
Jun 21, 2004
US
I edit a magazine in Spanish. Some sentences begin with an opening question mark (¿) and I need to know if it is possible to extend the Drop Cap to both the sign and the first character after the sign.

I am currently using Quark Express Passport 5.0

Thanks in advance for any help.

Leti

If you highlight the text and navigate to the style/formats palette you can control the amount of characters to drop and the amount of lines for the drop cap to cover.

Thank you very much. I now have the 2 characters in the Drop Case.

TIP....

If you insert a word space after the drop caps....you can then negatively kern back the word space, thus shaping the text around the drop. This can be done on all lines that line up against the drop cap.

BD

Oh that is so cool! I have to try that spacing trick (I have been going a little nuts with the DC's)

Thanks for the tip

NOTE:
Oppsss....forgot....

If you use this technique....make sure you put a 'soft' return at the end of the line that proceeds the word space for negative kern.

BD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back