Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DRM on SWM1000/2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCassler

MIS
Nov 10, 2009
US
Hi,

I have been trying to figure out some of the wireless problems we have been having at our schools, some of which have 50+ APs. I have used inSSIDer to check the areas I have received complaints from and have noticed that some places have multiple APs at various strengths on the same channels.

I do not think DRM is turned on in our controllers because I do not see an option for it anywhere in the console. I was looking over the free training that Extreme provides, and it says that DRM is not supported on the Altitude 300 APs.
I've yet to do an inventory of all of our APs (can the controller do that?), but I know the vast majority of our access points are Altitude 350-2.

Is DRM not showing up because of the model 300 APs?

Thanks for any help you can give!

on the WM log in and go to reports

in reports on the top left hand side of the screen there is a "WAP Inventory"

this will list every AP that the unit has seen and tell you all kinds of things about it, including the model number.

as far as DRM that changed somewhere in software versions
I think, My 300s auto channel select but I dont think that it will controll power levels

what version software are you running? ( it says on the bottom right of managment interface screens)
V4 or V5
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back