Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Driving an output 1km from input

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natk

Technical User
Feb 22, 2021
NZ
Hey,
I’m really hoping somebody can point me in the right direction please. I need a stand-alone system in the middle of nowhere, which drives an output depending on the status of an input 1km away.
Ideally by connecting some plug and play devices. I’m def not into embedded stuff.
To begin with I thought this would be easy but I can’t figure out how to do this..Lora wan? Smart mesh?? Aghh! I’m stuck!
Any pointers gratefully received.
Thanks

Have you had any luck?

Regards

Griff
Keep [Smile]ing

There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

I'm trying to cut down on the use of shrieks (exclamation marks), I'm told they are !good for you.

Point to Point bridged wifi network would be my 1st suggestion, but you would have to have power at both points and make sure they are properly aligned with each other.

OP said:
middle of nowhere

Regards

Griff
Keep [Smile]ing

There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

I'm trying to cut down on the use of shrieks (exclamation marks), I'm told they are !good for you.

Maybe point-to-point WiFi with solar/battery power?

LoPath
Maintain HiPath 4000 V5 & V6, OpenScape Xpert V4 & V6, OpenScape Xpressions V7, OpenScape Contact Center V8, OpenScape Voice V9

It would need something like that...

Regards

Griff
Keep [Smile]ing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back