Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdietz

Technical User
Jul 31, 2003
US
I have to reload a WIN95 machine and because of the specs it wii not run anything else.

It has so odd cards and I want to find and save the drivers. Where in WIN95 is the driver files for Modems & Sound cards.

Can I even save the drivers?

Because of security I am goint to format the drive and reload.

jdietz,

"I have to reload a WIN95 machine and because of the specs it wii not run anything else."

Sure it will!!

"It has so odd cards and I want to find and save the drivers."

Get a piece of paper and list the make and model numbers of each card and we can probably get you to a link where you can download the drivers for them. (where you can put them on a CD if you can, for future use)

What other specs does your setup have? ie: motherboard,cpu,ram and are there any integrated stuff like video....

Oh Ya, after you get them listed post them here.....

There may also be registry issues, where install software has put stuff in the registry. Just having the drivers does not resolve that.

Better to trace down the items you are dealing with and finding the install stuff off the web.

Download and use Belarc advisor, Sysoft Sandra, or Mitchell (rebadged AIDA32) to see what hardware the machine is using now, then try or a google search for the proper install tools.

Ed Fair
Give the wrong symptoms, get the wrong solutions.

If you have the boards identified you can go to and (free registration) search for the drivers and download them. Be careful on any download as some have viruses.

Time flies when you don't know what you're doing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back