Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Drivers Missing for Intel OnBoard Devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

muthabored

Technical User
May 5, 2003
US
Hello again!

I've just reinstalled Win XP Pro for a PC that has an Intel D865GBF board. Now, I've been to the Intel website and discovered that after a fresh OS install, there are certain things that have to be installed first and in a certain order prior to any applications, etc. So, the first thing was the OS (of course) then the latest XP Service Pack, then the Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility (INF Utility), then DirectX 8.0 or higher and last but not least, all other device drivers. I've downloaded and attempted to install all the available drivers for this board that are for XP from the Intel website but I've got at least 4 onboard devices in the Device Manager (I updated the BIOS prior to all of this)that have the yellow circles with the black exclaimation points next to them. Just to make sure, I re-did everything from scratch. Any ideas?

Do you know what drivers you nee, or are they "Uknown Devices"? If yhey are unknown, do a Google search for "UknownDevices.zip".

I've actually gotten everything onboard installed now (guess I was a bit impatient). Now there's the little matter of the two PCI cards installed:

1.) Creative Labs SoundBlaster Audigy LS (Model # SB0310)
2.) NVidia GeForce FX 5200 D128M

I don't have the installation CDs for either of these cards and can't find the drivers on either of the manufacturer's websites! I scoured the sites (wasn't impatient this time) and found nothing...I tried driverguide.com and found nothing there.

you might have to call each manufactuar and pay for a new drivers disk from them.. or they might send one for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back